The Shoplifting Epidemic in the Nation __________________________________________
- Over $45 billion in in annual losses
- Shoplifting overburdens the police, courts, jails, and adds to a store’s expenses
- There are approximately 27 million shoplifters annually (1 in 11 people)
- More than 10 million people have been caught shoplifting in the last five years
- Shoplifters steal from all types of stores
- There is no profile of a typical shoplifter
- Many shoplifters buy and steal merchandise in the same visit
- Shoplifters commonly steal from $2 to $200 per incident
- The vast majority of shoplifters are “non-professionals”
- Habitual shoplifters steal an average of 1.6 times per week
Store Saver helps retail stores, police, courts, jails, and the shoplifters themselves with the epidemic of retail theft.
Most shoplifters are repeat offenders, even after many arrests and while on probation. Store Saver greatly restricts, or completely terminates the offenders ability to re-enter the retail environment without approval and or supervision. Standard Retail Theft Probation, without Store Saver, can only instruct the offender to not enter retail stores. This can’t be ensured, and many still shoplift without being caught. Store Saver eliminates this risk.